Prep Time: 10 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1,5 kg pork belly
- 1/2 cup smooth apricot jam
- 80 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 handful grated fresh ginger
- 2 red chillies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 ml paprika
- 10 ml barbecue spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pork belly with onion for 15–20 minutes. Put aside.
- In a saucepan, mix all the remaining ingredients together, cook on low heat until reduced and thickened.
- Place the pork belly in a baking tray. Remove the skin, lightly score large diamond shapes onto the pork belly.
- Pour the glaze over the pork belly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees, or until the glaze is sticky and caramelised.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato.
TIP: You can use substitute brown sugar should you not prefer the taste of apricot jam.