Prep Time: 50 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 3 large sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, to fry
- 2 tsp curry powder/garam masala
- 1 tin peeled, chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 cups Tastic Soft and Absorbing Long Grain White Rice, cooked
To serve: toasted coconut flakes and fresh coriander
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in an oven safe dish, drizzle with coconut oil, season and roast in the oven at 200 degrees for 40 minutes until soft.
- In the meantime, prepare your curry sauce by frying the onion, garlic and ginger in coconut oil, in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the spices and allow to fry with the onions to release the aroma.
- Next, add the tin of tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat. Allow to cool and transfer the curry sauce to your blender and blend until smooth. Transfer sauce back to the saucepan.
- Prepare your Tastic Rice, as per packet instructions.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and add it to the curry sauce.
- Serve your curry with cooked rice, toasted coconut flakes and fresh coriander.
TIP: Enjoy it
RECIPE BY ANINA MEYER